So – I’m just sitting around, minding my own business when I see that I’ve been nominated for an award. A blogging award no less. I only started my blog last Tuesday. I was nominated by two other bloggers! You runners really know how to make a girl feel welcome.
I’m not so sure I feel worthy of this award as I’ve had all of 4 posts. I know I’ve gotten a lot of inspiration from others so hopefully I will be able to return the favor. I was nominated by two awesome bloggers, Ms. Salt over at Run Salt Run and Mike from Running Around the Bend. I have the pleasure of knowing Salt in real life and she is seriously one of the sweetest people I’ve ever met. Plus she’s a bad ass runner – if I ever can achieve half of what she has in her short running career, I’ll be a happy runner. Running Around the Bend is a new blog for me. I haven’t been following him until now, but I do know him from his comments on Salt’s posts. He’s always positive and always inspiring, so I do know that I’m going to be able to learn a lot from him. Thanks to both of you!!!
So it appears these awards come with rules:
- Thank and link to the person who nominated you. (See above!)
- List the rules and display the award. (See above and read here)
- Share seven facts about yourself. (See below)
- Nominate 15 other amazing blogs and comment on their posts to let them know they have been nominated. (See even further below)
Seven Facts about Sweaty Mess (aka Sara)
- I’ve been married for 8 years and have an old man beagle named Jack, and a 2.5 year old daughter, Charlotte.
- I was an intern with the Baltimore Ravens Ticketing & Operations Department my senior year of college. Most awesomest job I’ve ever had.
- I took the SATs in 7th grade.
- I went to Israel in 2006 when they were at war with Lebanon. Half the group that was supposed to go canceled, so it actually made for a better trip being in a smaller group.
- The only Real Housewives franchise I watch is New Jersey – so excited for Sunday! (please don’t judge me – I’m totally awesome I swear!)
- I was born without hip sockets. They hadn’t formed yet for some reason, so my legs were just dangling. I had to wear weird casts and another weird contraption most of the first year of my life until they formed. I obviously don’t remember any of it, but when I see pictures I look pretty happy. My mom still has the little casts.
- My favorite foods are pizza, fried chicken, and cupcakes. (in moderation of course!)
This was really hard – but since I’m so new to blogging, no one really knows anything about me so anything I write down is pretty much a new fact about me.
Below are some blogs I have been reading for a while and some others that I’ve just discovered recently. Please check them out!
- Breathe Deeply & Smile
- Lindsay Weighs In
- You Signed Up for WHAT?!
- Meg’s Life Running
- Life in Beta
- Mommy Can Run
- The Gluten-free Treadmill
- This Momma Runs
- Running and Enjoying the Journey
- Mommy Run Fast!
- Run Eat Repeat
- Olive to Run
- Tales of Tami
- Back at Square Zero
Well – there you have it. Seven facts about me and a prestigious award bestowed upon others.
What is show do you watch that you are embarrassed to admit? (Please admit it here.) What was your favoritest job ever – past or present?