Last week I was reading a blog post by Lauren over at Breath Deeply and Smile and it was a fun version of Would You Rather? I love anything that gets me thinking and thought I’d share my answers with you.
1. Would you rather run a 5k or a marathon?
Right now a marathon is not even on my radar. Sorry Salt, keep trying though. 🙂 So 5K it is. I feel like I could just wake up and decide to run one. (I can’t believe I’m in a place where I can say that.)
2. Would you rather run a flat race in the heat or a hilly race in the cold?
How hot is this heat and how cold is the cold? I think I’ll take the flat in the heat.
3. Would you rather get new running shoes or a new running outfit?
New shoes – I love how springy they feel the first time I put them on.
My current rotation: Brooks Adrenaline GTS, Brooks Ghost, Asics Gel Cumulus. Currently accepting applications for more to join the fold.
4. Would you rather run a race without headphones or without a Garmin?
Without headphones I think. How long is the race?
5. Would you rather run on the treadmill for an hour or in a circle around the same street block for an hour?
Treadmill. At least there are distractions at the gym, TV, people. I can’t run in circles. Please don’t make me!
6. Would you rather run a Ragnar Relay or a marathon relay?
I’m currently probably be more capable to do a marathon relay, but a Ragner Relay is on my bucket list.
7. Would you rather come in 4th in the Olympics or 1st in the New York City Marathon?
4th in the Olympics, because, well it’s the Olympics. Sorry NYC.
8. Would you rather give up running for 1 year to get a BQ (Boston Marathon qualifying time) or never BQ but run as much as you want?
I’d rather be able to run as much as I want. There are plenty of other marathons to run in this world. Again, marathons aren’t on my radar currently. I should take this again in a year or two.
9. Would you rather run in an urban area or on a trail?
I’ve done both and I prefer a trail. Now my version of trail is the rail trail near my house, so it’s not an obstacle course with roots and branches and wet leaves. I’d rather not have to deal with people in cars, pedestrians or stop lights.
10. Would you rather have a headache during a run or a side stitch?
Is the side stitch constant? If I can make it go away periodically I can deal with that. When I get headaches, I get headaches. Every movement makes it feel like my brain is bobbling around in my skull. I can’t imagine running with one.
11. Would you rather run in a thunderstorm or a snowstorm?
Lightning terrifies me, so I’ll take snowstorm. Although, I currently have no winter running gear…need to work on that.
12. Would you rather have a rest day on a work day or a day off?
On a work day, it’s nice to not have to worry about fitting in a run or class. If it’s a weekend or a day off, I feel it’s wasted if I don’t seize the time to sleep in AND still work out.
13. Would you rather run just because or train for a race?
I’m currently training for my first half marathon (yeah Baltimore Running Festival) and I like having a goal. I also like all the different workouts I’ve been doing. It’s been really challenging and rewarding. I’ve really been pushing myself out of my comfort zone. Before this, I was running just to run and I wasn’t truly pushing myself because I didn’t need to. I was basically learning to run, so everything was pretty new.
This is a really fun survey to do and I think I’m going to redo it a year from now. I’m only less than one year into running so I’m curious to see how my answers might change.
How about you? Would you rather….run without your headphones or without your Garmin?