As the summer of 2014 draws to a close, I wanted to make a list of what I’ve loved so far this year. An “Ode to Summer 2014” if you will.
In no particular order:
1. Iced Coffee – particularly Dunkin Donuts Cookie Dough Iced Coffee with skim milk and two splenda.
2. Jamberry Nails – Salt turned me on to these and I’m obsessed. Now I actually have time for a fresh manicure every week because there is no dry time and it doesn’t stink like nail polish so I can do it in bed at night while me and the hubs watch a movie. Seriously – go buy some!
3. Snowballs – These are just plain awesome! Make sure to get yours topped with marshmallow.
4. Outdoor Running – I started running in January and was confined to a treadmill for a good 3-4 months due to the Polar Vortex. Once it started warming up I started around my neighborhood, then ventured to local trails and other venues. This picture was from when I was down in Florida for work in June, I ran along the beach in Ft. Lauderdale. Running has been a great way to enjoy the outdoors and catch a sunrise or two.
5. Pool Membership – I haven’t had a pool since we lived in an apartment in 2008. There are local swim clubs in our area but for as often as we are able to go, I just can’t justify the cost. I looked into a local apartment complex and they sell memberships for a fraction of the cost and it’s a lot less crowded. I’ve even been able to enjoy the pool alone a few times while Charlotte napped.
Are they hot dogs or are they legs?
6. Summer Beers – I’ve posted a pic of these before, but Leinenkugel’s Summer Shandy is my favorite beer. This summer I’ve gotten to try the Lemon Berry Shandy (LOVE) and Orange Shandy. So fruity & refreshing and so summer! I also really enjoyed Flying Dog’s Dead Rise (the Old Bay beer).
7. Summer Scents – I love smelling like a coconut or citrus fruit in the summer. I actually love to smell like that all year long, but when summer rolls around I really want to make sure I smell light & fresh. Here is what is in my summer scent rotation: Bath & Body Works Coconut Lime Breeze, Sea Island Cotton, and Ulta’s Tropical Citrus.
8. Smaller Clothes – I’ve alluded to it before, but I have been on the weight loss train this year. That’s the main reason I started running. Healthy running has taken priority over strict dieting so it has slowed a bit but I’m still chugging along. This summer I have dropped 2 pants sizes since January and have added shorts to my wardrobe! These are huge non-scale victories for me and as of this post I am officially down 27 pounds!
9. Potty Training – Don’t worry, I’ll spare you a picture. I didn’t necessarily LOVE potty training Charlotte, but I do LOVE that it’s done! It has involved many battles and many accidents, but now she’s officially a big girl. Okay, maybe that’s a bittersweet love because I do miss my sweet little baby sometimes.
10. True Blood – This show jumped the shark a season or two ago, but I still love it. I read all of the books in the series. We are down to the last few episodes and I’m going to miss Sookie, Jason, Bill, Eric, and Pam. Pam is my vampire idol.
What did you love about the Summer of 2014?