Thank you Salt for the nomination! I feel so loved!
I love when these awards go around because I love to read people’s answers. I always learn something new.
1) What is my current health related goal?
Get stronger and get more variety in my workouts. When I started training for the half I dropped most of my cross training and it more than likely affected my running. I have major plans to add spinning & body pump back into my life. Just went back to spin this morning for the first time since September.
2) What is my biggest irrational fear?
Messing up at work. I feel like I totally kick butt at my job, but I deal with legal issues so I’m always afraid that I might have said or done something wrong that could come back to haunt me.
3) Do I enjoy wrapping presents?
Do I ever! I spend way more time than I should making every corner perfect. Sometimes that requires a lot of tape and the recipient has a hard time opening my gifts. Oh well.
4) What’s my favorite cross training activity?
I have three. It’s hard to call one a favorite, because they all do different things. Spin, Yoga, & Body Pump.
5) If you came to visit me, what would we do?
I’d probably take you downtown, stroll around Fells Point, Canton, and/or Federal Hill. Weather permitting , we’d go to Rehoboth Beach in Delaware – because who doesn’t love the beach?
6) I have 2 weeks off work and 2 round trip plane tickets to ANYWHERE. Where would you go and who would you take?
Um – I’d take Charlotte to Disney World. She is currently obsessed with princesses and princes and castles. We drive by a church every day on the way home from school and she gets so excited to drive past her “castle”. She told me she wants me to move her bed there and live with the prince. #toosoon
7) What’s the most embarrassing thing to ever happen to me during a run or race?
This wasn’t really embarrassing b/c it happened at home immediately after coming in for a run. After birthing a child, it is hard to hold pee for any length of time. So during a run, I had to go, but figured I could hold it until I got home. Once I got home, I started racing up the stairs and luckily made it into the bathroom before a floodgate opened that I could not stop. Unfortunately, I didn’t make it to the actual toilet. There, have a laugh.
8) The 3 best days of my life? Or at least the top 3 that pop into my mind…
The birth of my daughter, the day I married my husband, and the day I finished a half marathon (Salt and I think very much alike)
9) Okay so I HAVE to eat a fast food meal. What restaurant would I choose and what do I order?
Hands down, Chick Fil A, Deluxe Chicken Sandwich, no cheese, w/ waffle fries and Unsweet Tea.
10) Have you ever met a celebrity?
I don’t think I have. If I did, it wasn’t significant enough to stand out in my mind.
11) Share a pic of myself in non-workout clothes.
Unfortunately, it was hard for me to find any pics of myself that weren’t just a face or shoulders up. But I dug deep!
This is from our cruise 3 years ago – tank & capris
12) If I could choose to have a ‘do over’and switch careers, what would I choose and why?
Eh, not sure. I wish I could do something more creative sometimes. But I’m happy where I’ve ended up. At one point in high school I did want to get into Forensic Science, but that was the days before CSI, so no one could really give me any direction other than going to medical school. Without the Forensic side of the biology major, I lost interest. Otherwise, this could have been me:
13) If I won an Olympic Gold Medal how do I think I would react?
I’d pass out – probably b/c I’d be exhausted from whatever it was I was doing to win a gold medal.
14) What do I want for Christmas?
A windfall to pay off some bills.
15) What skill do I lack?
I’m perfect, what are you talking about? I kid, I kid! I guess swimming. I wish I could swim.
Now, onto the nominations!
Anna (Piper) @ Piper’s Run
Amy @ Lets Go Running
Sam @ Bake N’ Burn Bombshell
Salt already nominated most of the other blogs I read…but anyone else can join in!
What do you want for Christmas?