After being in sunny & warm Atlanta all week I’m back here in Maryland with the cold prepping for a snowy, yucky weekend.
These kind of posts are hard for me. I need prompts…so I Googled and found lists upon lists of fantastic “get to know you” questions. Yeah, I know, I’m so creative. I chose 5 random questions that I thought were unique and would help me share something a little different than I have before.
1. What musical instruments do you wish you could play? I played the flute in middle school band for 3 years. Once I went to high school, I didn’t want to do marching band so I quit. My mom refers to that as one her greatest disappointments. I try to remind her that if that’s the biggest disappointment she’s experienced, she’s done really well for herself. (She’s a bit dramatic.) Later on in high school, I really wanted to learn guitar. I still kinda do. When I was in high school I wanted to be in a band and be a “rock star”, dye my hair pink, and travel the world. Maybe I just should have pulled a Ron Burgundy and made the flute happen.
2. If you did not need the money what would you do for work? If I didn’t need money, I’d foster dogs or adopt lots of dogs. I’m a dog person through and through. Several years ago, when I was visiting my mom, we killed some time by going to the shelter and I was saddened by the number of older dogs there. They weren’t going to get adopted. So I’d like to adopt those older dogs and give them a nice place to live out the rest of their lives. Almost like a doggie retirement home.
3. What is the most enjoyable thing you family has done together? There was this one time when I went to the beach with my family, maybe in 2009? The first night we were there, it was just me and my brothers, we had all gone to the beach earlier and gotten sunburned. That night we were sitting around, drinking, playing card games, and laughing about getting lubed up with aloe (you had to be there). I think I might have even peed myself from laughing so hard. We rarely hang out when it’s just us (no spouses, parents, kids, etc.) Even though I’m not as close as I could be with my brothers, we will always have the same history, shared inside jokes, and an understanding of each other no one else gets. I always remember that night as one of most fun. We still talk about it today.
4. What restaurant do you go to more than any other? I don’t go to the restaurant, but I have been getting pizza from this place across the street from me almost weekly lately. It’s my favoritest pizza ever! It’s a thin crust, with great sauce and cheese. Pizza is one of the reasons why I run.
5. What magazine do you look for when you are stuck in the waiting room? People or US Weekly. Even though I hate to admit it, I love celebrity gossip.
So there you have it! Some more about me.
What would you do for a living if you didn’t need money? Did you ever want to be a rock star?