Happy almost Valentine’s Day! We don’t do much with the holiday these days other than exchange cards and eat a few candies. How can I resist a conversation heart? How?
I could have taken this so many places, but I kept it simple. I’m going to list a few things that I love.
1. This girl – Look at that face! I just love being her mom. She is smart, super silly, and just delightful. There is nothing better in this world than one of her hugs. (I wrote this prior to the bedtime debacle I experienced last night)
2. This guy – we’ve been married for going on 9 years, and have been together for 12. It hasn’t always been easy, but I can’t imagine doing this with anyone else. He’s the peas to my carrots, the flip to my flop, and knows how to make me laugh.
3. Running – Why did I wait so long? So many things to say about running, but what could I say that I haven’t said before? I love being a runner!
4. Cooking – I love to eat. I also like creating delicious food. One thing I think I like about cooking, is that by cooking a meal for my family or friends, it’s a way of providing and nourishing…something a physical gift just can’t do. Plus, if I’m cooking, I know what I’m putting in my body…like these little beauties I made the other night.
5. Working – I work in human resources, and while it may sound strange, I love working and I actually kinda love my job. Every job or company is going to have those things that annoy and bother you, and I have had lots of those. But…I also have a lot of work / life balance and autonomy with my day to day projects. I get to be creative in my job, not in an artsy way, but in a problem solving way. Plus I work with a great group of people.
I hope that your Valentine’s Day (and every day for that matter) is filled with love and happiness.
What do you love? Have any “sweet” plans for this weekend?