Uggh…not that I’ve had many snow days this winter, but I’m just sick of the cold, ice, snow, bad weather, etc. I just want it to warm up so I can spend some time outdoors!
When I have a snow day, that usually means I’m doing some combo of working and trying to entertain Charlotte. At the time I was writing this, she was quietly entertaining herself on her little tablet. That was not the case earlier in the morning when she was emptying my purse all over the floor, broke a pair of my headphones, and just generally acting like a 3 year old. I was not meant to be a stay at home mom. To those of you that do, I salute you!
The theme this week is Favorites, so without further ado, here are my favorite things to do on a snow day!
1. Wear comfy pants and socks – Wear something warm and cozy? Don’t have to tell me twice. Not that I need an excuse to wear comfy pants, but they are particularly warranted on a snow day. I got those socks to wear in the hospital when I had Charlotte, my feet and legs were so swollen that I couldn’t wear them…odd fact.
2. Make cookies & drink hot cocoa – If you have a small child at home, you need to keep some ready to bake cookies on hand at all times. It’s a fun activity for them and they get to help you which makes them happy. Then later on you can bribe them into submission with the promise of another cookie.
3. Watch movies – We went old school today.
4. Write a blog post – Why not? Charlotte is watching a movie, I need to take advantage of the 10 minutes she’ll be occupied while I can.
5. Play in the snow! I mean c’mon, how can I not?
Did you have a snow day today? What’s your favorite thing to do on a snow day? Do you have a favorite Disney movie?