Happy Friday y’all! This week has flown by thanks to the three day weekend. (I’m not complaining). Since it was such a short week I had so much jam packed in that I’m excited to recover from the madness this weekend. Poolside.
Today’s theme was a free one! Can’t wait to see what everyone else is talking about in this week’s link up! I’m being kinda random and just sharing some things that happened this week.
1. You know you’re a mother runner when: your daughter takes a picture of her feet to be like mommy.
2. I started a 30 Day Plank Challenge. It’s from My Fitness Pal. I like this plank challenge because it’s not just straight planks. It incorporates side planks, walking planks, alternating hand planks, and spiderman planks over the course of 30 days. At the end of every week in the challenge you do a standard plank test to see your progress. I started with a baseline of 1:33. I might have been able to hold it longer, but I didn’t. So we’ll see how the rest of the month goes. If you want to play along – follow me on Facebook!
3. Playlist updates. I listen to Entertainment Weekly radio on Sirius XM and yesterday they were talking about Prince. Specifically they were talking about all the songs he has written for other people. He’s such an amazing artist and has written so many songs. I probably should have taken the opportunity to go see his free concert in Baltimore a few weeks ago, but that was too close to all the craziness so I didn’t even entertain the idea. But yesterday’s radio conversation made me add a few Prince goodies to my playlist.
- Lets Go Crazy
- When You Were Mine
- I Would Die For You
There are so many more!!!
4. Yesterday I did my first hill workout (all by myself). I need to fine tune it a bit, but I found a decent hill – not too hard, not too easy – along my route. So I ran to the hill (about 2 miles) and did 3 sprints up the hill. I cooled down by walking back down. The hill was only about a tenth of a mile, but I ran it as fast as I could. When I checked my watch the sprints were in the 7:30s. I’d like to try for doing 5 at a time. I waited too long to go out plus it was 97% humidity – 3 was
enough all I had time for . I ran back home and my total mileage was about 3 miles. I need to use the lap feature on my watch to track this. Which I didn’t yesterday, so my garmin didn’t really give me any data on how I did. I’ll try again next week.
5. Also, yesterday evening, and I’ll do a full recap early next week, I went down to Fleet Feet in Gaithersburg, MD and saw Dimity McDowell from Another Mother Runner speak. It was a book party for Tales from Another Mother Runner. She was so nice and friendly – she came out and walked right up to me and gave me a hug. Lovely lovely lady. Since I started running last year, the Mother Runner books were my bibles on getting started. So I got a few pics, got my book signed, and even won one of the raffles! It was a great evening!
Last night I was meeting all kinds of running celebrities!
So there you have it. Five things from my week.
Do you do hill workouts? Please share your routine with me? What is your favorite Prince song? Have you read any of the Mother Runner books?