Happy Friday and Happy Race Day eve for me! I’ve got the Baltimore 10 Miler tomorrow and I’m excited! It won’t be an easy race, but because it’s not a half marathon it doesn’t seem so daunting.
Due to logistical issues, I didn’t get a chance to actually run on National Running Day. So I’m going to give you 5 ways to celebrate National Running Day without actually going for a run. Ready? Here we go!
1. Write a blog post about National Running Day. I did that here.
2. Watch your kid run all over the place. If I can’t run, at least I can watch her run up and down the sidewalk. She’s a crazy kid.
3. Pick up your race bib. I conveniently enough was able to pick up my race bib on Wednesday. If that isn’t second best to actually running, I don’t know what is.
4. Win a National Running Day Facebook Contest. CareFirst and I are soul mates. I won a Rock n Roll DC race entry in February (that I ended up not using) and on National Running Day I won an iPod shuffle. I’ve been thinking about getting one (since they clip on) for a little while now so to win one is pretty cool.
5. Buy more running gear. Since bib pick up was in a Sports Authority and they gave me a 20% off coupon, I couldn’t resist buying a couple more running tanks for the summer.
So you CAN celebrate a day of running by not actually running – let others do the running for you while you do other running related things. I really did want to run though, I got mine in yesterday when Brian was home to watch Charlotte.
Did you do anything to celebrate Nat’l Running Day other than running? Have any runs or races planned for the weekend?